This crispy, delicious duck, delicately flavoured with five spice is a snap to make. It takes just minutes to prepare and then you can stick it in the oven and have it ready a couple of hours later. If you're using store-bought pancakes and plum sauce then you have one of the easiest meals I know. It's pretty hard not to love this dish and it makes a great saturday evening family meal!
Five spice powder
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degree C.
2. In a bowl combine the salt and five spice.
3. Score the duck leg with a sharp knife.
4. Season the duck legs with the salt mixture, season liberally on all sides.
5. Place the duck in a roasting pan and roast in the preheated oven for about 2 hours, turning the meat every 30 minutes or so.
6. Spoon an excess fat; this will prevent the duck from getting really crispy.
7. Once the duck looks crispy, turn the oven up to 220 degree C.
8. Roast for additional 15 minutes to crisp the skin.
9. Once done remove and allow it to cool.
10. Once the meat is cool enough to handle shred the meat from the bone and place it in a serving bowl.
11. Use the duck meat as a stuffing in Chinese pancakes along with plum sauce, cucumber and spring onions. Roll the pancakes and serve fresh.