Salt & Pepper Chicken Wing
|Potato starch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (or corn starch)|
|White pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (use as needed)|
|Chopped scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (fresh)|
|Chopped green onion||15 Gram (small handful)|
|Thai chili||4 , mince (or Serrano chili)|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken drummettes||1 Pound|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. Preheat Weber to 250 degree F.
2. Place chicken on grill and smoke for 25 minutes or until nice and light golden brown.
3. In a bowl, combine potato starch, white pepper, sea salt, and fish sauce. Mix well.
4. Pour water, a little at a time and mix to get desired consistency. Set aside.
5. In a pan, heat canola oil until it reaches 350 degree F.
6. Dip chicken in the bowl with potato starch slurry and roll to coat well.
7. Carefully add the chicken into the hot oil and fry for 5 minutes.
8. In a wok, pour ¼ cup of oil and add Thai chili, Chinese chili paste, garlic, and scallion. Stir until nice and toasty and then add the fried chicken.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Garnish with green onion and serve hot.
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.2%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.5 mg10.5%
Sodium 1779.5 mg74.1%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 15 g29.1%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet