Ying gives you a step-by-step tutorial for making one of her home town's favorite tasty traditions, the Chinese Meat Pie.
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Pound, ground
1 Teaspoon, ground
1. In a mixing bowl, knead the flour with warm water to make dough. Cover the dough and put it aside.
2. In a bowl, soften the meat with water.
3. Add ground pepper to the meat and add ginger, green onions, salt, sugar and sesame oil. Mix it all well. Set it aside for a while and let the flavor sink in.
4. For making pies – sprinkle some flour over a fry and flat place, roll the dough lengthwise and cut it into small pieces.
5. Take a piece at a time and flatten the edges of the dough giving it a round shape with rolling pin.
6. Spoon in the filling in the middle of the dough and seal it. Roll gently.
7. In a frying pan, smear oil and fry the meat pies till golden.