Dim-Sum Style Chicken Feet
|Chicken feet||500 Gram|
|Ginger slice||3 Medium|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried black bean||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1 Medium|
1. Wash and pat dry the chicken feet . Cut the toenails and discard.
2. Transfer them into a bowl, toss them in honey.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan or fryer to around 350 degrees F. Deep fry the chicken feet for about 7 minutes.
4. Transfer them to a paper towel to drain off the excess.
5. In a large pot, boil water with star anise and ginger slices.
6. Put the fried chicken feet and let it simmer on medium heat for around 90 minutes.
7. After 90 minutes, drain water from the pot.
8. In a mixing bowl, combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, dried black beans, red peppers, sugar and salt, and mix with chicken feet.
9. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and place it in fridge for at least 24 hours to absorb the flavors.
10. In a bamboo steamer, or, on a heat-resistant plate, heat the chicken feet just before serving.
11. In a serving platter, serve the chicken feet with any dip of choice or as it is.
Calories 401 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.4%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105 mg35%
Sodium 690.5 mg28.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 26 g51.5%
Vitamin A 22.5% Vitamin C 67.5%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet