I'm try to recreate the chicken that is used in Chinese restaurants. It's always very tender and moist. This is my first attempt, it came out ok but not what I'm looking for. Anyone have any tips?
Chicken breast boneless skinless
Black bean garlic sauce
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. On a chopping board, slice the chicken breast into fine pieces cut on the bias and set aside in the fridge.
2. In a wok, add water and baking soda and bring it to a boil.
3. Once the water starts boiling, put the chicken pieces and par boil the pieces for a few minutes. Once done, remove the pieces and drain well.
4. Take the wok, discard the water and set it again on high, add oil and coat the sides of the wok well.
5. Add in the par boiled chicken, sear the pieces for 2- 3 minutes until crispy. Stir well in the peanut oil.
6. Add in the black bean garlic sauce, mix until the pieces are coated well and stir for 2 minutes.
7. Stir in the chicken broth and mix well and let this cook for 2 minutes.
8. Serve the Chinese chicken over a plate of hot rice.
You can add sliced mushrooms and snow peas and fry in the chicken sauce for extra texture.