Chinese Onion Pancake
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ice water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Regular salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onion stalks||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl knead the flour with hot water followed by cold water. Mix and well and put mixture on a flat surface to knead it properly. Put the dough in fridge for 15 minutes. Cover the dough with wet towel otherwise it will get dried.
2. Sprinkle some dry flour on a clean work surface, so that your pancakes doesn’t stick on it.
3. Put the dough on the surface and roll it into a circle.
4. Brush some oil on it and sprinkle ground pepper, salt and chopped green onions.
5. Now roll up the circle and roll it again lengthwise until it forms a coiled ball.
6. Roll it again into a large circle.
7. Add oil in a large frying pan and heat it. Put the pancake into the pan and cook it until it becomes golden. Keep flipping and brushing it with oil at regular intervals.
8. Once cooked slide it onto a cutting board and cut it into 8 triangles.
9. Serve with a dipping sauce, with soups, or use in stir fries.
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.1%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 489.3 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 2% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet