Orange Beef with Broccoli Stir Fry
|Lean beef||12 Ounce, cut into thin strips|
|Gluten free soy sauce||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely minced|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange zest||2 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh broccoli florets||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided (Keep 1 tbsp. for garnish)|
|Gluten free beef broth||12 Ounce|
|Sambal sauce||1 Teaspoon (other Asian chili sauce)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Stir the beef together with two tablespoons of soy sauce, the orange zest and garlic, set it aside.
2. For the sauce – In a medium bowl combine the beef broth, the remaining 2 tbsp. of soy sauce, the sambal, vinegar, brown sugar, orange juice, and cornstarch.
3. Whisk all the mixture together until the cornstarch is dissolved and everything is well combined.
4. In a large sauté pan, over a medium high heat pour in the oil and beef and sauté stirring frequently for 4 minutes, until the beef is no longer pink.
5. Remove it from the pan and set aside.
6. Pour in the sauce to the pan but be sure to stir the sauce before adding it since the cornstarch has a tendency to settle to the bottom.
7. Add in the broccoli and bring the sauce up to a boil while stirring pretty continuously. Let it boil for about 2 minutes.
8. Incorporate the beef back to the pan and continue stirring until the sauce is thickened.
9. Garnish Orange Beef with Broccoli Stir Fry with green onions and serve with rice.
If you’re following a gluten free diet be sure to use gluten free soy sauce and beef broth in the recipe. If you want the dish extra spicy add more chili sauce and for a milder dish omit it completely
Calories 366 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.7 mg11.9%
Sodium 1496.7 mg62.4%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.4%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 29 g57.4%
Vitamin A 47.6% Vitamin C 439.6%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet