1 Cup (16 tbs), divided (Keep 1 tbsp. for garnish)
Gluten free beef broth
1 Teaspoon (other Asian chili sauce)
Rice wine vinegar
1. Stir the beef together with two tablespoons of soy sauce, the orange zest and garlic, set it aside.
2. For the sauce – In a medium bowl combine the beef broth, the remaining 2 tbsp. of soy sauce, the sambal, vinegar, brown sugar, orange juice, and cornstarch.
3. Whisk all the mixture together until the cornstarch is dissolved and everything is well combined.
4. In a large sauté pan, over a medium high heat pour in the oil and beef and sauté stirring frequently for 4 minutes, until the beef is no longer pink.
5. Remove it from the pan and set aside.
6. Pour in the sauce to the pan but be sure to stir the sauce before adding it since the cornstarch has a tendency to settle to the bottom.
7. Add in the broccoli and bring the sauce up to a boil while stirring pretty continuously. Let it boil for about 2 minutes.
8. Incorporate the beef back to the pan and continue stirring until the sauce is thickened.
9. Garnish Orange Beef with Broccoli Stir Fry with green onions and serve with rice.
If you’re following a gluten free diet be sure to use gluten free soy sauce and beef broth in the recipe. If you want the dish extra spicy add more chili sauce and for a milder dish omit it completely