Hoisin Marinated Beef Lettuce Wraps
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hoisin sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilli pepper||1 Medium, seeded, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Flank steak||2 Pound, thinly sliced into 2 inch pieces|
|Canned bamboo shoots||4 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Water chestnuts||4 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||2 Small, julienned|
|Scallion greens||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Iceberg lettuce leaves||4 Medium (cups)|
1. In a bowl mix the soy sauce, vinegar, Hoisin, chili pepper, garlic and ginger.
2. Take meat in another bowl, pour the mix over the meat and coat well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Heat a wok with some peanut oil. Cook beef in batches.
4. After the last batch, return all beef to wok and add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and carrots. Cook for a few minutes until carrots are crisp.
5. Fill a lettuce cup with beef. Top with scallion greens and cilantro.
6. In a serving platter, arrange these lettuce wraps and serve them.
Calories 503 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.7%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.2 mg20.1%
Sodium 2308.8 mg96.2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 50 g99.2%
Vitamin A 91.5% Vitamin C 28.7%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet