We had a party today and I made some shrimp and pineapple kabobs for the grill. They were absolutely amazing. The bacon kept them moist and the marinade formed a glaze on them that everyone loved.
4 Pound, peeled, deveined
1 Medium, peeled, cut into squares
Green bell pepper
1 Medium, cut into squares
Scallions (green and white)
4 Medium, chopped
6 Clove (30 gm), minced
1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), chopped
2 Medium, seeded, minced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. In a pan place the marmalade. Add the scallions, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, soy sauce and sesame oil.
2. Cook stirring constantly until marmalade liquefies. Remove from heat and cool down completely.
3. Rinse and pat dry the shrimp. Place in a container and cover with the marinade. Mix well making sure to coat all the shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. 1 ½ hours after the shrimp has been marinating, place the skewers in some water and soak for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and start skewering the kabobs. Thread some bacon on the skewer, followed by shrimp, followed by pineapple or bell pepper, or both thread the bacon and repeat the process.
6. Grill shrimp on low heat, flipping once when pink, for about 10 minutes.
7. In a serving platter, arrange the skewers and serve with any favourite dip.