These crispy thin noodles are a fantastic addition to lettuce wraps, a great snack and wonderful as a ‘bed’ for stir-fries and other Asian meals. They are very easy to make but it is absolutely necessary to have your oil at 350 degrees at all times. If you do not, you will waste your rice noodles and will have to throw them away. These also cook within seconds so make sure you have a paper-towel lined dish and your spatula ready before you start.
Peanut oil/Vegetable oil
2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)
1. Fill a deep skillet or wok with the oil and heat it until it reaches 350 degrees.
2. Line a plate with paper towels and set aside.
3. Break the noodles in half and separate them well. Place one noodle into the hot oil. If it crisps within seconds, your oil is ready.
4. Grab a small handful of noodles and put them carefully in the hot oil.
5. They will crisp almost immediately. Flip the noodles for one second and then remove them from the oil (Do not over crisp these as they will burn very quickly).
6. Allow the excess oil to drip from your spatula. Place them on the paper towels and salt them very lightly.
7. Repeat with all the noodles.
8. On a serving plate, serve these noodles as a side dish for any meat of choice.