|Duck breasts||2 Medium|
|Baby mushrooms||50 Gram|
|Broccoli florets||75 Gram|
|Cashew nuts||50 Gram, unsalted|
|Hoi-sin sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon (to shallow fry)|
|Sea salt/Pepper||1 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Spring onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely shredded (for garnish)|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon (for Marinade)|
|Fresh orange juice||150 Milliliter (for Marinade)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small (for Marinade)|
|Red chilli||10 Gram (for Marinade)|
|Fresh root ginger||10 Gram (for Marinade)|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Tablespoon (for Marinade)|
|Runny honey||2 Teaspoon (for Marinade)|
1. Under a pre- heated grill, place the cashew nuts after laying onto a baking tray to roast, turning from time to time to get an even color.
2. Remove from the grill and place into a small clean bowl.
3. Place the duck breast onto your board skin side up and, using a sharp knife, cut across the breasts into thin slices and place into a clean bowl.
To make the marinade :
4. Peel and crush the garlic clove, peel and grate the fresh ginger, de-seed and finely dice the red chilli.
5. Place them all into a jug and mix in the vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce and honey.
6. Mix well and pour over the slices of duck.
7. Mix well together, cover with cling film and place into the fridge to marinade for at least 1 hour.
8. Cut the broccoli into small, bite-size florets.
9. Blanch it in boiling salted water for 1 minute, then plunge it into ice cold water and drain well.
10. Wipe the baby mushrooms with a clean, damp cloth and leave whole.
11. Wash and dry the spring onions and shred finely into about 6cm lengths and save them for garnish.
12. Heat a touch of oil in a wok over a high heat on the hob.
13. When it is hot, carefully add the slices of duck, saving the marinade for later.
14. Add the mushrooms and stir fry the duck for 2 minutes.
15. Add the broccoli and cashew nuts and continue to stir-fry for a further minute or so.
16. Stir in the hoi-sin sauce and season to taste.
17. Remove from the wok into a dish and keep warm.
18. Return the wok to the hob , pour in the marinade and bring to the boil.
19. Mix a little cornflour with a touch of cold water to make a smooth paste and slowly add to the boiling marinade to allow the marinade to thicken slightly.
20. Add the noodles to the wok to heat through for a few minutes and spoon the noodles into warmed bowls.
21. Then add the stir fried duck and other cooked ingredients.
22. Garnish with the finely shredded spring onions and serve immediately.
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.2 mg31.7%
Sodium 1515.7 mg63.2%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 23 g45.5%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 57.9%
Calcium 7% Iron 25%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet