Sticky Rice/ Glutinous Rice, ( Dim Sum )
|Thai glutinous rice,||140 Gram, wash and soak in the water for 6 hours then sieve out the water|
|Chinese mushrooms||2 Large, wash with warm water, divide in middle and cut into slices|
|Dried shrimps||30 Small, washed|
|Dried scallops||2 Medium, wash and soak in water, tear it into small pieces|
|Spring onion||1 Large, wash and divide cut white, green parts|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten with 1/2 teaspoon oil|
|Water||50 Milliliter, including water used for soaking scallops and chinese mushrooms (Seasoning 1)|
|Shaoxing wine||1 Teaspoon (seasoning 2)|
|Oyster sauce||1 Teaspoon (seasoning 2)|
|Light soy sauce||1 Teaspoon (seasoning 2)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (seasoning 2)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (seasoning 2)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (seasoning 2)|
1) Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the beaten egg. Move the pan around and spread out the egg into a disc. Fry both sides until golden. Set aside. When it cools down, cut the egg into thin strips.
2) To the pan, add some oil, if needed, and then add the mushrooms, shrimp, scallop and sausages. Saute till cooked and then set aside.
3) Rinse the rice and wash away the starch. Drain well.
4) To the frying pan, add some oil and then add the rice. Coat the rice with the oil and then add 2 tablespoons of water at a time, cook on medium heat. Try to spread the rice in thin layer and let them cook evenly over medium heat.
5) Keep cooking the rice till it is done. This usually takes 25-30 minutes. If, at any point, the rice seems too dry, add more water.
6) Once the rice is cooked, add the seasoning and mix well.
7) Toss with the sauteed scallop, shrimp, mushroom and sausage.
8) Transfer the rice to individual serving plates, garnish with egg strips and chopped spring onion. Serve while still hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 921 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.1%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241 mg80.3%
Sodium 2677.8 mg111.6%
Total Carbohydrates 175 g58.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 27 g53.5%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet