1) Marinate the fish with oil, sugar and garlic slices.
2) Prepare a steamer.
3) Place the plate with the marinated salted fish in the steamer and steam for 15 minutes.
4) In the meantime, mince the pork and place in a bowl. Add the shaoxing wine, chicken powder, 1 pinch sugar, pepper and soy sauce. Mix well. Then add egg white, corn starch and mix again.
5) Add the white of the green onion to the pork. Add the 2 teaspoons cooking oil and mix well. Cover and let marinate for 10-15 minutes, while the salted fish is cooking.
6) Grease a small patty plate with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Then spread the pork mince mixture in the plate. In the center, place the steamed dried salt fish.
7) Top the steamed fish with the ginger slices. Sprinkle a pinch of sugar. Drizzle the 1 tablespoon oil all over the patty.
8) Steam for about 15 minutes.
9) Serve while still hot. Garnish with some chopped green onion, if preferred.