Salmon Head and Tofu Soup
|Salmon head||325 Gram, cleaned (about 1/2 head (11. 46 ounces))|
|Salmon belly||200 Gram (7 ounces)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||10 Gram (3 slices)|
|Boiling water||700 Milliliter (24 fluid ounces)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Shaoxing wine||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Tofu||300 Gram, pressed (medium firm, about 10.6 ounces)|
|Lettuce||30 Gram (2 large leaves)|
|Ground pepper||1 Pinch|
|Japanese fish powder||1 Teaspoon (Dashino- moto)|
1. Clean the salmon head and belly fillets. Marinate with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon shaoxing wine.
2. Smash the ginger to release the flavors.
3. Cut pressed tofu into 1-inch cubes.
4. Pat the salmon head and belly dry, on kitchen paper
5. In a pan, heat the oil. Add the smashed ginger slices. Saute to flavor the oil.
6. Arrange the salmon head and fillets in the pan. Cook until seared on both sides.
7. Pour the boiling water into the pan. Cover and simmer the fish until it reaches a rapid boil.
8. Add the remaining shaoxing wine and the lemon juice
9. Add the tofu cubes to the rapidly boiling soup. Cover again and cook a few minutes.
10. Tear lettuce into smaller bits and add along with coriander to the boiling soup. Simmer until wilted.
11. Season soup with the remaining salt, sugar, pepper and Dashino- moto.
12. Ladle into a large bowl and serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1697 Calories from Fat 781
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g134.7%
Saturated Fat 14 g69.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 486.6 mg162.2%
Sodium 2670.1 mg111.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 205 g409.2%
Vitamin A 84.4% Vitamin C 23.9%
Calcium 30.7% Iron 44.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet