1 , green and white part seperated and cut in strips
Red bell pepper
1⁄4 , cut in triangles
Lee kum chilli bean sauce
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Light soy sauce
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1. In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for thickener, stir to mix and set aside.
2. In a pot, put together water, ginger and green onion for stock, cover and bring to a boil.
3. Uncover and add in pork belly, wine and chicken powder, cover and bring to a boil.
4. Once it boils, turn the heat to medium and cook for 40 minutes.
5. After 40 minutes, turn the heat of and leave the pot of hot plate for 10 minutes.
6. Remove the pork belly and place it in a bowl with ice water for 30 minutes.
7. Remove the meat after and drain for about 1 hour.
8. Dry the pork belly with kitchen towel and slice it thinly.
9. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and add in the meat and fry until both sides are light brown and crispy, turning occasionally.
10. Remove the meat and set aside.
11. In a clean pan, heat oil and saute ginger and garlic.
12. Add in the meat and stir to mix.
13. Pour in wine, bean sauce, and add in white part of leek and stir to mix and until the cabbage is soft.
14. Stir in sugar and soy sauce.
15. Add in the thickener and green part of leek, stir and put in the bell peppers and cook until bell peppers are heated through.