Mung Bean Filling for Ice Skin Mooncakes
|Mung bean||100 Gram|
|Coconut milk||60 Gram|
|Butter||20 Gram, at room temperature|
|Vanilla essece||3 Dash|
1) Wash the mung beans.
2) Put the beans in a pan and cover with water.
3) Cover the pan with a lid and let the beans stand at room temperature for 15 hours, or overnight.
4) The next day, drain the mung beans and rinse them well.
5) Let the beans dry for 20 minutes.
6) Place the mung beans in steaming plate.
7) Add the milk and coconut milk and stir well.
8) In a pan, place a steaming rack and add just enough water for steaming.
9) Place the steaming plate on the rack, cover the pan and let the water boil on high.
10) Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to medium. Cook till all the water has evaporated (takes about 17 minutes).
11) Once the beans are done, move them to a plate and let them cool for 30 minutes.
12) Mash the now cool mung beans, and then add the sugar. Mix well and follow with the salt and butter. Stir all the ingredients together.
13) Put the paste in a pan over medium high heat and fry for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
14) After 5 minutes, turn the heat to low and cook for another 10 minutes.
15) Take the paste off the heat and add the vanilla essence. Stir well.
16) Use the filling as and when required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 879 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.2%
Saturated Fat 25 g124.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52 mg17.3%
Sodium 2000.2 mg83.3%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.3%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.5%
Sugars 63.4 g
Protein 28 g56.6%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 25% Iron 43.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet