1) Mix together all the ingredients to make the pork marinade.
2) Marinate the pork for 20 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, season the marinated pork with some salt and pepper. Let it stand for 2 minutes.
4) Heat a wok and add some oil.
5) Put the pork in the wok and cook for a few minutes.
6) Add the sugar, oyster sauce, soy sauce and water and cook the ingredients over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes, till the meat is no longer pink.
7) Add the Chinese cabbage, carrot, green onion, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Mix well and cook till the ingredients are all done.
8) Transfer the cooked pork and vegetables to a plate and add the nian gao to the wok. Fry on all sides till it is done.
9) Put the nian gao in the same plate as the pork and vegetables.