1) Wash the meat under cold water.
2) Submerge it in a pot of water and boil for about 15 minutes.
3) Take the pork out and put it in a colander. Let the meat dry and cool down for 15 minutes.
4) Stab the pork with a knife a few times and rub the spices and salt on the flesh only.
5) Let the meat marinate for at least 1 hour, or even overnight.
6) In a large dutch oven or iron pan, put the meat and add just enough oil to cover the skin of the pork belly.
7) Fry the skin side first for roughly 5 mins or until golden brown and crispy, turn it on the side and fry it only for a min or two, repeat on all sides.
8) Let the fried meat rest until cool to the touch and cut into slices.