Ha Gao (Steamed shrimp dumplings) Dim Sum
|Ginger slice||1 Small|
|Dried bamboo shoots||2 Tablespoon, striped|
|Shrimps||10 Medium, cleaned|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Shrimps marinade)|
|Sugar||1 Pinch (Shrimps marinade)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (Shrimps marinade)|
|Chicken essence||3 Teaspoon (Shrimps marinade)|
|Cornstarch||1 Teaspoon (Shrimps marinade)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (Shrimps marinade)|
|Wheat starch||60 Gram (Wrapper)|
|Tapioca flour||25 Gram (Wrapper)|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (Wrapper)|
|Water||100 Milliliter, boiling (Wrapper)|
1) Clean the shrimp and mix it with all the ingredients for the marinade. Let the shrimp marinate for about 20 minutes.
2) Remove the shrimp from the marinade, chop and set aside. Reserve the marinade.
3) To make the wrapper, mix all the required ingredients together and form a dough. Set the dough aside for a few minutes.
4) In the meantime, make the filling. In a wok or saucepan, add some oil and then add the ginger.
5) Once the ginger has sauteed for a minute or two, take it out and discard it.
6) Add the shrimp, along with some of the marinade, and saute over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, till done.
7) Prepare the steamer.
8) Move the wrapper dough to a floured surface and knead for sometime. Divide the dough into 12 portions and, with wet hands, form thin wrappers for the Ha Gao.
9) Place some shrimp in the center of a wrapper and close to make a dumpling. Repeat will 12 Ha Gao pieces have been made.
10) Put some oil on a baking sheet and set the Ha Gao pieces on it. Place in the steamer, cover and steam for 10-12 minutes.
11) Serve the dumpling while they are still hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 613 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 334.4 mg111.5%
Sodium 4682 mg195.1%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 0.77 g3.1%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 46 g91.1%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 12% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet