1) Clean the shrimp and mix it with all the ingredients for the marinade. Let the shrimp marinate for about 20 minutes.
2) Remove the shrimp from the marinade, chop and set aside. Reserve the marinade.
3) To make the wrapper, mix all the required ingredients together and form a dough. Set the dough aside for a few minutes.
4) In the meantime, make the filling. In a wok or saucepan, add some oil and then add the ginger.
5) Once the ginger has sauteed for a minute or two, take it out and discard it.
6) Add the shrimp, along with some of the marinade, and saute over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, till done.
7) Prepare the steamer.
8) Move the wrapper dough to a floured surface and knead for sometime. Divide the dough into 12 portions and, with wet hands, form thin wrappers for the Ha Gao.
9) Place some shrimp in the center of a wrapper and close to make a dumpling. Repeat will 12 Ha Gao pieces have been made.
10) Put some oil on a baking sheet and set the Ha Gao pieces on it. Place in the steamer, cover and steam for 10-12 minutes.
11) Serve the dumpling while they are still hot.