|Butter||70 Gram, softened, melted (pastry ingredients)|
|Icing sugar||25 Gram (pastry ingredients)|
|Evaporated milk||1 Teaspoon (pastry ingredients)|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten (pastry ingredients)|
|All purpose flour||120 Gram, sieved (pastry ingredients)|
|Milk||60 Milliliter (Filling ingredients)|
|Salt||1 Pinch (Filling ingredients)|
|Shredded coconut||80 Gram (Filling ingredients)|
|Eggs||2 Large, beaten (Filling ingredients)|
|Whipping cream||3 Teaspoon (Filling ingredients)|
|Vanilla pudding powder||2 Teaspoon (Filling ingredients)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Filling ingredients)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 355 degrees.
2) Sift flour, icing sugar and custard powder together into a mixing bowl.
3) Rub in butter, using paddle of mixer or by hand, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4) Add in egg. Mix until the pastry begins to form large lumps. Press together gently with your fingers to form the pastry into a ball.
5) Chill pastry dough for about 30 minutes. In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the filling. Set aside.
6) Divide pastry into 10 portions (approx. 35 g each). Press pastry evenly into tart mould. Trim the edges to remove excessive dough. Prick base of each tart with a fork. Fill tarts with filling to about 90% full.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until pastry is cooked thoroughly.
8) Leave the tarts in moulds for 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.
9) Serve the tarts while still warm, or let them cool and then serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1672 Calories from Fat 935
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 107 g164.8%
Saturated Fat 69.3 g346.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 813.8 mg271.3%
Sodium 1053.2 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 145 g48.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.8%
Sugars 43.4 g
Protein 37 g73.6%
Vitamin A 51.1% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 58.3% Iron 60.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet