1) Sieve the flour into a big mixing bowl and remove 30g for use later.
2) Add in the lard and mix till well blended.
3) Add in the sugar and mix well.
4) Add in all the oil and half of the lightly beaten egg and mix well.
5) Slowly add in the some of the beaten egg and some of the 30g flour till a piable and non sticky dough is formed. Chill the dough for half an hour.
6) Mix all the ingredients for the filling together.
7) Working on a floured surface, use a rolling pin to flatten dough into thin sheet. Use the rim of a glass to cut out circular shape.
8) Wrap it with some of the filling and fold over to get a crescent shape. Stick the edges together with water or egg. Seal well and pinch the edges with your thumb.
9) Fry over medium heat till golden brown.
10) Transfer the Yau Kwok to a serving plate and serve while still hot and crisp.