In this video I show you a quick and very healthy stir-fry. Choi-Sum is a Chinese leafy green vegetable with lots of anti-oxidants and good amounts of fibre. Low in calories and excellent source of nutrients.
2 Teaspoon, minced
2 Bunch (200 gm), stem and leaves seperated and cut into long pieces
Salt and pepper
Roasted cashew nuts
1. Heat a wok on medium high. Put olive oil and heat it to smoking hot.
2. Add the garlic and sauté for a few minutes or till it begins to turn brown and fragrant. Add the stem of the choi sum and continue to sauté for a few minutes or until the stem is tender.
3. Put the leaves and stir well and sauté for around 5 minutes. Cover with a lid and let it cook in moisture for around 10- 15 seconds. Remove the lid and stir well.
4. Drizzle the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix well. Turn of the heat.
5. In a serving bowl, serve the choi sum garnished with cashew.