Super Bowl Recipe 2- Veggie Spring Rolls with Sweet Ginger Sesame Sauce (Cooking with Carolyn)
|Spring roll wrapper/Rice wrap||6|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|For the sauce|
|Hoisin sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon, toast|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|For the filling|
|Rice noodles||100 Gram, cooked, drained|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Small, julienned|
|Bamboo shoot||1⁄2 Small, julienned|
|Napa cabbage||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), julienned|
|English cucumber||1⁄2 Small, julienned|
|Baby bak choy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), julienned|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Small, shave|
|Shitake mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slice|
|Beans sprouts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mint leaves||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
1. In a small bowl combine the hoisin sauce along with ginger, sesame oil toasted, sambal, sesame seeds and rice vinegar, stir and keep it aside until needed.
2. Clean and cut the zucchini, bamboo shoot, baby bak choy, napa cabbage and English cucumber into julienne, once done keep it aside separately.
3. Peel and shave the carrots, and clean the bean sprouts.
4. Slice the shitake mushrooms and sauté them in some olive oil and salt for 3-4 minutes or until they are soft.
5. Boil the rice noodles for 5-8 minutes and once done drain the water and drizzle olive oil so as to avoid them from sticking, keep it aside.
6. Dip the spring roll wrapper in warm water for 1 minute, once done place it on a flat surface.
7. Start with the mint leaves, rice noodles and then followed by the vegetables and mushroom.
8. Seal it from each side and roll it like a wrap and make it like a nice pocket.
9. Once done keep it on a serving plate.
10. Serve the spring roll along with the sweet ginger sesame sauce.
Calories 276 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.6 mg0.2%
Sodium 476.3 mg19.8%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 31.7% Vitamin C 19.5%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet