In this episode, you'll learn how to make restaurant-style fried rice in your own kitchen
Please See Video
1) Diagonally slice the sausages. Cut the celery and carrot into small dices. Peel and slice the onion. Finely chop the garlic, ginger and Thai basil.
2) In a skillet, add canola oil and heat well. Add in the onion, celery and carrots and cook till well sweated.
3) Add in the garlic, ginger and sausages.
4) When the sausage begins to curl, transfer the mix into a bowl.
5) Add the cooked rice into a hot skillet and sprinkle in the seasoning mix.
6) Add in enough oil to make sure the rice doesn’t stick. Add in the sausage mix, Thai basil, chili flakes, salt and the fish sauce. If the rice is not sizzling enough, then add more oil.
7) Make a well in the center of the skillet and add in the egg and scramble. Toss into the rice.
8) Transfer into a bowl and garnish with scallions, cilantro and a squeeze of lemon.
9) Serve hot!
Just as Jesse claims…this recipe seems to be done totally restaurant style! Lots of vegetable flavoring going into this along with some sauces, but the main taste comes from the Chinese sausage. Definitely a fried rice recipe to try out!