Tasty Simmered Pork And Chinese Cabbage
1. Cut out the hard core of the cabbage and separate the leaves and the white parts (stalks).
2. Cut the leaves into bite-size pieces. Thinly slice the white parts (stalks) diagonally into bite-size pieces (we call this diagonal cutting technique "Sogigiri").
3. Cut thinly sliced pork into bite-size pieces.
4.Heat sesame oil in a pan, and when hot, add pork and stir-fry on medium until meat is no longer pink, about 1 minute.
5. Add the white parts of cabbage and cook on medium until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
6. Then add water, consommé cube, soy sauce, ketchup and vinegar then add cabbage leaves and sauté.
7. Cover, and simmer on low until the cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat, add starch blended with water, heat on medium-high to thicken the broth.
9. Serve the cabbage pork and broth over rice or noodles.