Chinese New Year Seven Vegetable Stir Fry
1. Soak the dried cloud ear mushrooms in hot water for at least fifteen minutes. Then drain and cut into strips.
2. Trim the bean sprouts at both ends if you prefer.
3. Cut ham, carrot, zucchini and red bell pepper into strips.
4. Thinly slice onion.
5. In a bowl, combine the miso, sake, mirin, sugar, chicken stock powder and mix well.
6. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan.
7. Stir-fry onion, carrot, zucchini, bean sprouts, red bell pepper, cloud ear mushrooms, and ham in order.
8. Add the sauce and stir-fry until the seasonings blend.
9. Serve on the dish and sprinkle cracked black pepper.