Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fried in Hoisin Sauce
|White jasmine rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken breast||7 Ounce (1 Piece)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Zucchini||1 , chopped|
|Scallions||3 , chopped (And More For Garnish)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seed oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Hoisin sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn starch||1 Teaspoon|
|Reduced sodium chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cocktail peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Cook the rice according to package directions.
2) Cut up chicken breast into bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper. Heat the skillet to a high heat and add in the olive oil and chicken. Brown the chicken for 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Chop up the vegetables and add them to the skillet with the chicken and turn to a medium heat. Allow the vegetables to become tender, which will take about 8 minutes or so.
3) In a bowl combine soy sauce, sesame seed oil, hoisin sauce, corn starch and chicken stock and mix well. Add in the sauce to the chicken and vegetable mixture and stir to combine. Allow for the flavors to combine for another 5 - 10 minutes.
4) Right before serving, add in some cocktail peanuts for an extra crunch.
5) Serve with rice and garnish with scallions.
Calories 636 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.6%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.7 mg12.9%
Sodium 1323.6 mg55.1%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.8%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 27 g54.6%
Vitamin A 36.1% Vitamin C 182.1%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet