Chinese Cooking: How to Cook & Steam Live Blue Crabs
|For steaming the crabs|
|Live blue crabs||4 Medium|
|Hot water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (As needed)|
|For the sauce|
|Fresh grated ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Dark vinegar used, as needed to taste)|
1. Place the live blue crabs in a large bowl.
2. Pour hot water in the pot (about an inch high), and further place the bowl inside the pot as shown in the video. (Use a rack to place the bowl inside the pot, if needed).
3. Cover and steam on high heat for about 10 minutes.
To prepare the sauce:
4. In a small bowl, place grated ginger and pour some dark vinegar over it. The sauce is ready.
5. Serve the steamed crabs with the prepared dipping sauce.
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 351 mg117%
Sodium 1327.9 mg55.3%
Total Carbohydrates 0.41 g0.14%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.1%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 81 g162.6%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 22.6%
Calcium 40.7% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet