Chicken Chop Suey
|Chicken||3 Pound (1 whole)|
|Herbs||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
|Bean sprouts||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1) Boil chicken with 2 onions, carrots, herbs and peppercorns until tender.
2) Let it cool in water.
3) When chicken is cool, remove skin and bones, and boil up stock with these and a chicken bouillon cube to make a well flavoured stock.
4) Boil rice in usual way, drain well and keep warm in oven.
5) Cut chicken into large chunks and keep aside.
6) Slice 2 onions and celer.
7) Slice mushrooms.
8) Put onion and celery to cook in a little of the stock until just tender, 8-10 minutes.
9) In little stock and lemon juice, cook mushrooms for 3-4 minutes; and add to chicken.
10) Mix chicken with drained vegetables, add drained bean sprouts, soy sauce, seasoning and 1/2 pint of chicken stock.
11) Heat gently.
12) Meanwhile, mix cornflour with 1/2 pint of stock, add this to chicken mixture.
13) Heat until sauce thickens.
14) Serve the chicken chop suey with boiled rice.