|Tender roasting duck||4 Pound (1 whole)|
|Wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
To prepare special basting sauce:
1. In a pan heat putting together honey, vinegar, soy sauce, sherry, juice of 1/2 orange and 2 1/2 tablespoons water and bring to boil.
2. Let it cool.
3. With a sharp fork, prick skin of duck lightly, pour over several pints of boiling water to soften skin and dry.
4. Put onion and 1/2 orange inside duck and season.
5. Put bird on spit and when grill or barbecue is very hot cook bird, basting frequently with special sauce allowing 20 minutes per pound to cook and lower heat after first half hour.
6. Test if duck is done by sticking skewer deeply into leg meat and if juice is clear, duck is done.
7. Remove from heat and serve with rice and bean sprouts.