Chinese Beef With Mushrooms And Oyster Sauce
|Chinese dried mushrooms||1 Ounce, soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes (25 g)|
|Rump steak||8 Ounce, cut in thin strips (225 g)|
|Oyster sauce||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Dry sherry||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Onion||1 Small, skinned and thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Fresh ginger root piece||1 Inch, peeled|
|Carrots||2 , peeled|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon (10 ml)|
1) Pour of off the mushroom soaking liquid and reserve.
2) Squeeze the mushrooms dry, and slice thinly, removing the hard stalks.
3) Further cut the mushroom into thin matchstick strips.
4) In a bowl, mix the beef with the oyster sauce, sherry and seasoning to taste.
5) Cover the bowl with plastic film and allow to marinate in a cool place.
6) In a wok, heat oil and saute the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally.
7) Stir in the mushrooms, ginger and carrots to the onion mixture and stir fry for about 5 minutes until slightly softened.
8) Put in the meat and marinade and cook for a few minutes more, until the beef is tender.
9) In a cup, mix together the cornflour with 4 tablespoons of the soaking water from mushrooms.
10) Stream the cornflour mixture into the beef mixture and stir fry until the sauce is thickened.
11) Check and adjust seasoning before serving.
12) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.