Orange Chicken Stir Fry
|Boneless chicken breasts||3 Pound, skinned, and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Grated orange rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||4 , cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Oranges||2 , peeled, seeded, and sectioned|
|Hot cooked rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat a wok to about 325°
2. Pour in the oil carefully and heat again for 2 minutes
3. Add chicken to the smoking oil and stir fry for 2 minutes till brown through and remove from wok when done. Drain well on paper towels.
4. To the same hot wok, pour in the orange rind, ginger root, and hot sauce and simmer for ½ minutes till hot through.
5. Return the chicken to the pan and stir fry again for three minutes.
6. In a small bowl, mix the onions, orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch and pour into the chicken mixture again. Add the orange sections and cook for 2 minutes till thick
7. Serve hot over steamed rice.