Classic Chinese Chop Suey
|Meat||1 Pound, cut into small pieces|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled and sliced|
|Celery stalk||1 , shredded|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Chestnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced finely|
|Sprouted beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, heat oil and cook the meat until well browned.
2) Take the meat from the pan.
3) In the same pan cook the mushrooms, celery, onion and chestnuts, stirring continuously for five minutes.
4) Put the meat back in the pan with, sprouted beans, salt and stock.
5) Put the lid on and and simmer for about half an hour.
6) Serve hot garnished parsley and with rice on side.
In a bowl, soak the beans in water for 24 hours. Drain the beans and wrap in a wet muslin cloth till they have sprouted. It may take a couple of days for beans to sprout.
If there is no stock available, place about 1 lb. meat, cut-up vegetables, like carrot, turnips, etc. In a pot, place together the meat and vegetable mixture with four cups of water and allow to simmer for 3 quarters of an hour. Pass through the muslin cloth and use as required.