Scallop Saute with Chinese Vegetables
|Tamari soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Sesame oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy nuts/Cashews||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted (For Garnishing)|
|Sliced water chestnuts||8 Ounce (2 Can, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Bamboo shoots||8 Ounce (2 Can, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Snow peas||1 Pound, stringed|
|Dulse||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Mild Tasting Salty Seaweed, A Handful)|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), thickly|
1. Pre-heat oven at 250 degrees C.
2. In a bowl, take scallops.
3. In another bowl, make a mixture of tamari, oil, garlic and black pepper.
4. Add it to scallops and let it marinate for at least two hours or a maximum of 24 hours.
5. If you are using cashews, toast it on a cookie sheet in a 250 degree oven for 15 minutes. Keep it aside to cool.
6. In a large skillet or wok, take the marinated scallops. Cook it for around 3 minutes or until it becomes opaque.
7. Add vegetables and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until snow peas turn bright green and dulse become red.
8. Sprinkle soy nuts or cashews over it.
9. Serve Scallop Saute With Chinese Vegetables immediately with rice noodles or hot rice.
Calories 474 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.5%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.9 mg20%
Sodium 1351 mg56.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.9%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 47 g94.8%
Vitamin A 25.5% Vitamin C 107.3%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 77.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet