Chinese Chicken Salad
|Bean sprouts||8 Ounce, end trimmed (225 Grams)|
|Cucumber||10 Ounce, peeled, seeded and shredded into 3 inch pieces (275 Grams)|
|Carrots||4 Ounce, peeled, seeded and shredded into 3 inch pieces (110 Grams)|
|Raw chicken/Plain roasted chicken - 1, cut into 8 pieces||2 1⁄2 Pound (1.1 Kilogram)|
|Sesame paste/Peanut butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar/Chinese white rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Chicken stock||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter)|
|Dry sherry/Rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
1. If using uncooked chicken, set up a steamer or put a rack into a wok or deep pan and fill it with 2 inches (5 cm) of water.
3. Boil the water on high heat and put the chicken onto a plate and carefully lower it into the steamer or onto the rack.
4. Lower the heat, cover tightly and steam gently for 1 1/2 hours or until the chicken is cooked, test with a skewer to see if the juices run clear, if it is pink continue to steam(replenish the water from time to time).
5. Take out the chicken and allow it cool and dry.
6. Tear off all the meat from the chicken and shred it into fine strips using a sharp knife or cleaver.
7. Arrange the chicken strips on a platter and surround them with the bean sprouts, cucumbers and carrots.
8. In a screw top jar put all the ingredients of dressing and shake it well, mixing it thoroughly (or use an electric blender).
9. To serve, pour the dressing evenly on top of the chicken and vegetables and serve immediately.