Chinese Chicken With Vegetables
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole chicken breasts||2 , skinned, boned and cut into 1-inch squares|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||6 , sliced diagonally|
|Celery ribs||2 , sliced diagonally|
|Carrots||2 , peeled and sliced diagonally|
|Beef flavored mushroom soup mix||2 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned bean sprouts||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1) Combine together the cornstarch and ginger in a medium bowl.
2) In the mixture, toss the chicken till it is coated.
3) In a large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil.
4) Over high heat, brown the chicken in the oil, constantly stirring, till it is light brown in color.
5) Take the chicken out and set it aside.
6) Add the remainder of the oil and heat it.
7) Add the celery, green onions and carrots and stir well.
8) Combine together the water, beef flavored mushroom mix and soy sauce in a small bowl. Add the mixture to the frying pan with the bean sprouts and the chicken.
9) Cook, occasionally stirring, till thoroughly heated.
10) Transfer the cooked chicken and vegetables to a decorative serving plate and serve while still hot. Makes an excellent main course dish.