Skillet Orange Chicken
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Grated orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Orange||1 , peeled and cut in half cartwheels|
1) In a large frying pan, heat the oil.
2) Over moderate heat, fry the chicken till it is browned, frequently turning.
3) Drain the fat.
4) To the pan, add the orange peel, juice, onion and honey.
5) Cover the pan and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, till the chicken is soft.
6) Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and keep it warm.
7) Into the cooking sauce in the pan, gradually blend the water. Stir to blend well and heat thoroughly. Add the orange slices to the sauce.
8) Pour the hot sauce all over the chicken decorate with green onion and serve right away.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2541 Calories from Fat 1269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 141 g217%
Saturated Fat 37.9 g189.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 759.8 mg253.3%
Sodium 746.7 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.2%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.1%
Sugars 56.2 g
Protein 233 g466%
Vitamin A 32% Vitamin C 200.4%
Calcium 25.3% Iron 54.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet