Skillet Orange Chicken
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Grated orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Orange||1 , peeled and cut in half cartwheels|
1) In a large frying pan, heat the oil.
2) Over moderate heat, fry the chicken till it is browned, frequently turning.
3) Drain the fat.
4) To the pan, add the orange peel, juice, onion and honey.
5) Cover the pan and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, till the chicken is soft.
6) Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and keep it warm.
7) Into the cooking sauce in the pan, gradually blend the water. Stir to blend well and heat thoroughly. Add the orange slices to the sauce.
8) Pour the hot sauce all over the chicken decorate with green onion and serve right away.