Microwave Orange Chicken
|Frying chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into serving size pieces|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Liquid garlic juice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Add chicken to a glass casserole.
2. In a bowl combine all ingredients except cornstarch and spoon it over chicken.
3. Wrap it in plastic and dip the probe into liquid.
4. In a microwave oven, place the glass casserole and cook on a setting of HIGH (9); HEAT & HOLD at 1 80°F for about 75 minutes.
5. Spoon out the chicken from liquid.
6. Make a paste by mixing cornstarch with liquid.
7. Add the paste into sauce and cook on a setting of HIGH (9) for about 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
8. Drizzle the sauce over the chicken before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2760 Calories from Fat 1547
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 172 g263.9%
Saturated Fat 48.9 g244.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 850.4 mg283.5%
Sodium 2240.5 mg93.4%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 38.3 g
Protein 215 g430.1%
Vitamin A 50.2% Vitamin C 248.3%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 66.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet