Chinese Flank Steak
|Flank steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 no.)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||1 Dash|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , seeded and cut in strips|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced (small clove)|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (1 can)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef broth/Consomme||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Thinly slice the steak diagonally and place in a bowl.
2) Sprinkle with soy and Worcestershire sauces and red pepper seasoning and toss well.
3) In a pan, heat oil till hot and add in the seasoned meat.
4) Cook quickly, stirring constantly, till the meat loses its pink color.
5) Remove from the frying pan with a slotted spoon.
6) Stir in the onion, green pepper and garlic into the pan drippings and saute till soft.
7) Stir in the mushrooms and liquid.
8) In a bowl, blend in the cornstarch into the beef broth till smooth.
9) Stir into the vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, till the sauce thickens and boils for 3 minutes.
10) Add the meat back into the pan and heat slowly till just hot.
11) Place the steak on a serving platter and top with the vegetables.