|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Pitted dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Eggs||2 , beaten lightly|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375 F).
2. Grease a 15 ½ inch x 10 ½ inch x 1 inch pan with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Sieve together.
4. Add sugar, dates and nuts and mix well.
5. Add eggs and mix well.
6. Spread prepared mixture on to greased pan and bake in pre heated oven for 20 minutes or till done.
7. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
8. When slightly cool, cut into squares and roll each in confectioners-€™ sugar.
9. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately.