Stir Fried Pork in Hoisin Sauce
|Lean boneless pork||1 Pound, cut into thin bite size strips|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hoisin sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ginger root||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Zucchini/Yellow squash||1 Medium, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/4-inch slices|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Green onions||4 , sliced|
|Canned sliced water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1) In a bowl, place together soy sauce, sherry, hoisin sauce, cornstarch, sugar, crushed red pepper, and 1/3 cup water.
2) In a wok, heat oil and stir-fry garlic and ginger, add zucchini and mushrooms and stir for 2 minutes.
3) Mix in the onions and chestnuts for 1 minute.
4) Take the vegetables out of the pan and set aside.
5) Stir-fry the pork for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
6) Stream in the soy sauce mixture and coo stirring continuously until thickened and pork is tender.
7) Add vegetable and stir for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are heated through.
8) Serve hot garnished with chopped scallions if desired.
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.9%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.3 mg22.8%
Sodium 1161.5 mg48.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 28 g56.1%
Vitamin A 15.6% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 74.2% Iron 38.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet