Chilli Chicken Sichuan Style
|Chicken legs||2 (2 Thighs And 2 Drumsticks)|
|Soft brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Sichuan peppercorns||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Cornflour paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄2 Pint, seasoned (300 Milliliter)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Spring onions||3 , cut into short sections with white and green parts separated|
|Dried red chillies||6 Small, seeded and cut into small bits|
|Yellow bean sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Stock/Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
1. To prepare the chicken chop it through the bone into small bite-sized pieces.
2. In a bowl mix sugar, soy sauces, wine, pepper and cornflour paste.
3. Marinate the chicken pieces in the marinade paste for at least 25-30 minutes - the longer, the better.
4. In a pan heat the oil to hot and deep-fry the chicken pieces for 1-2 minutes only, remove and drain.
5. Pour off excess oil, leaving about 1 teaspoon in the wok and stir fry adding the garlic, spring onions (white parts only at this stage), chillies and yellow bean sauce for about 15-20 seconds.
6. Add the chicken pieces, blend well and add the stock or water and bring to the boil.
7. Braise for 5-6 minutes over medium heat under cover, stirring once or twice.
8. Add the green parts of the spring onions, turn the heat to high and braise (this time uncovered) for another minute or so until the sauce is entirely absorbed.
9. Serve Chilli Chicken Sichuan Style hot with garnish as desired.
Calories 676 Calories from Fat 596
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g103.9%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36 mg12%
Sodium 502.9 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.86 g3.4%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet