Braised Chinese Mushrooms And Bamboo Shoots
|Dried chinese mushrooms||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Winter bamboo shoots||10 Ounce (225 - 275 Gram)|
|Seasoned oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Spring onion||2 , cut into short sections|
|Light soy sauce/Oyster sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Soft brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cornflour paste||2 Teaspoon (Thin)|
|Sesame oil||2 Drop|
1. To prepare the mushrooms, soak them in warm water for at least 1 hour, squeeze dry and discard any hard stalks (but reserve the water).
2. Cut them in half or quarter if large, leave whole if small.
3. Drain and rinse the bamboo shoots, cut them into small wedge-shape chunks.
4. In a preheated wok, heat the oil, add the spring onions and stir-fry with the mushrooms and bamboo shoots for about 1 minute.
5. Add the soy sauce or oyster sauce, wine and sugar with about 2-3 tablespoons of the mushroom-soaking water.
6. Blend well, bring to the boil and braise for another minute or so.
7. Then thicken the gravy with the cornflour paste.
8. Garnish with the sesame oil and serve.