Chicken/Pork Chow Mein
|Dried egg noodles/9 ounce fresh egg noodles||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Seasoned oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breast meat/Pork fillet||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|French beans||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Fresh bean sprouts||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||2 , finely shredded|
|Stock||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Sesame oil||2 Drop|
1. In salted boiling water cook the noddles according to the instructions on the packet, then drain and rinse under cold water.
2. Mix with a little oil.
3. Thinly shred the meat and top and tail the beans.
4. In a preheated wok heat about 2-3 tablespoons oil until hot and stir-fry the vegetables and meat for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the salt, sugar, wine, half of the soy sauce and about half of the spring onions, blend well and add a little stock if necessary.
6. Remove and keep warm as the 'dressing'.
7. In the wok heat the remaining oil and stir-fry the noodles for 2-3 minutes with the remaining soy sauce.
8. Remove to a large serving dish and pour the 'dressing' on top.
9. Garnish with the sesame oil and the remaining spring onions and serve hot or cold.
Calories 696 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 128.1 mg42.7%
Sodium 1128.9 mg47%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 31 g62.2%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet