Steamed Chicken With Chinese Mushrooms
Caster sugar - 1 teaspoon
Light soy sauce - 1 tablespoon
Chinese rice wine - 1 tablespoon
Cornflour - 2 teaspoons
Dried chinese mushrooms - 3-4, soaked
Fresh ginger root - 1 tablespoon, finely shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
Sesame oil to garnish (optional)
1. To prepare the chicken chop the it through the bone into small bite-size pieces and marinate in the sugar, soy sauce, wine and cornflour for 25-30 minutes.
2. To prepare the mushrooms squeeze dry them, discard any hard stalks and thinly shred.
3. On a heat-proof plate, place the chicken pieces arranging the mushroom and ginger shreds on top.
4. Garnish with salt and pepper and sesame oil.
5. Place the plate on the rack inside a hot steamer and cook over a high heat for 20 minutes.
6. Serve the hot Steamed Chicken With Chinese Mushrooms with a garnish of cilantro sprigs or grated cheese.