Chicken With Orange
Crisco - 2 tablespoons
Salt - 1 teaspoon s
Paprika - 1/2 teaspoon
Medium onion - 1 , sliced
Canned frozen orange juice concentrate - 1/3 cup (3 ounces), thawed
Water - 1/3 cup
Brown sugar - 2 tablespoons
Parsley - 2 tablespoons, chopped
Soy sauce - 2 teaspoons
Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
1. In a large skillet, tip in the chicken and brown it all over in hot Crisco.
2. Sprinkle with salt and paprika and arrange the onion over the chicken
3. Combine with juice concentrate, water, brown sugar, parsley, soy, and ginger and gently pour this mixture over chicken and the onion.
4. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes till done.
5. Serve hot over steamed rice