Maltose or honey - 2 tablespoons, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
Duck pancakes - 20-24
Duck sauce or plum sauce - 4 fl oz (100 ml)
Spring onions - 6-8, thinly shredded
Cucumber - 1/2, thinly shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F/Gas6
2. Clean the duck well, removing the wing tips and any feather stubs, as well as the lumps of fat from inside the vent.
3. Into a pot of boiling water plunge the duck for 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove and drain, dry thoroughly with kitchen paper.
5. While the skin is still warm, brush the duck all over with the maltose or honey and water solution.
6. Then hang it up to dry in a cool and airy place for at least 4-5 hours or overnight.
7. On a rack in a roasting tin, place the duck, breast side up and cook in the preheated oven for 1 1/2-1 3/4 hours, without basting or turning.
8. Using a sharp carving knife, peel off the crispy duck skin in small slices and carve the meat into thin strips.
9. Arrange the skin and meat on separate serving plates and serve.