Sweet And Sour Sauce
Water - 150 millilitesr /1/4 pint
Honey - 4 x 15 milliliter spoons / 4 tablespoons
Soy sauce - 1 x 5 milliliter spoon / 1 teaspoon
Ground ginger - 1 x 5 milliliter spoon/1 teaspoon
Pineapple cubes or slices - 1 x 225 grams / 8 ounce can
Cornflour - 1 x 15 milliliter spoon / 1 tablespoon
1. In a saucepan, add vinegar, water, honey, soy sauce, ginger and pineapple.
2,. Gradually, bring to a boil.
3. In a small bowl, mix the cornflour (cornstarch) to a paste with a little cold water.
4. Mix into the sauce, let it come back to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until thick, stirring constantly.
5. TO STORE BY FREEZING: Pour into a rigid container. Seal the container, label it and freeze.
5. TO USE A FROZEN SAUCE: Thaw at room temperature for 2 hours, then reheat gently on top of the stove, stirring constantly. Use as needed.