Beef Chow Mein
|Frying steak||1 Pound, cut into thin strips (450 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Small, halved and thinly sliced|
|Celery stick||1 , cut into strips|
|Dried chinese mushrooms||4 Large, soaked in warm water and sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chinese egg noodles||12 Ounce (Chow Mein Noodles, 350 Gram)|
|Boiling water||2 Pint (1.15 Liter)|
|Light sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||1⁄4 Pint|
|Dry sherry||4 Tablespoon|
1. Place noodles in a medium pan and pour boiling water over them.
2. Add salt, cover with lid, reduce flame and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or till noodles are tender but not over cooked.
3. Using a strainer, drain off excess water and keep cooked noodles aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine garlic, beef strips and soya sauce. Mix well and keep aside.
5. In a wok, heat oil.
6. Once hot, add marinated beef. Mix well and sautÃ© on a medium flame for 5 minutes or till strips are evenly brown in colour.
7. Add celery and onion and sautÃ© for 1 more minute.
8. Add sliced mushrooms, sherry and stock. Mix well and bring to boil.
9. Once boiled, add noodles and toss gently.
10. Reduce flame, cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or till noodles are piping hot.
11. Transfer on to a deep bowl and serve immediately along with Chinese sauces.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2613 Calories from Fat 898
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g154%
Saturated Fat 33.8 g169%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 530.6 mg176.9%
Sodium 3054.6 mg127.3%
Total Carbohydrates 275 g91.6%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.6%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 141 g282.7%
Vitamin A 27.6% Vitamin C 20.2%
Calcium 32.9% Iron 137.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet