|Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Celery stalks||3 (sliced)|
|Carrots||2 Large (peeled and cut into thin strips)|
|Green pepper||1 (cored, seeded and cut into thin strips)|
|Onion||1 Small (peeled and sliced)|
|Cauliflower||1 Small (divided into florets)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce (sliced)|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Bean sprouts||1⁄2 Pound|
1) In a saucepan, heat oil and saute celery and carrots for 3 minutes.
2) Add peppers, onion, cauliflower and mushroom.
3) Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
4) Blend in water, sherry, seasoning, soy and sugar, cook lightly for 6 to 8 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and crisp.
5) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Place the salad in a plastic container and seal, label and freeze.
6) In a pan, place the salad and stir in the beans sprout heating gently.
7) Serve warm garnished with scallions if desired.
8) If using frozen salad, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, or at room temperature for 4 hours.
9) Follow steps 6 and 7 to finish and serve.